Tuesday 19 May 2015

Catch Me If You Can - Defense

Description:
Every week we learn about skills and movement that will help us play sports. This term’s focus has been around defense. We made a video showing some of the goals we have been practicing. I have highlighted the thing I think I have done well YELLOW and one thing I would like to work on PINK.

Body:
WALT: Defensive skills and movements
Success Criteria:
Body Movement
  • Weight on balls of feet
  • Feet shoulder width apart
  • Knees flexed
  • Concentration and eyes on ball, head and eyes up
  • Push hard off outside foot and go forwards to attack pass
  • Quick small feet, stay on balls of feet
  • Arms within confines of body
  • Take feet to ball
  • Land with a SBP
Intercepting
  • Body angled to see player and ball
  • Anticipate pass and player movement
Restrictive Marking
  • Meet player as they start towards the ball/where they want to go
  • stay close to the attacking player
  • Head and eyes up, arms close to body to avoid obstruction/contact
  • Angle body so attacking player is ‘pushed’ away from where he/she wants to go
  • 0.9m from ball carriereria- Defense!

Evaluation: I think a could improve on going on the balls of my feet.

Feedback/Feedforward: Well Done S
ophie I think you did a good job on reflecting and I think you did a good job to on chosing what ones you need to work on. -Zara

1 comment:

  1. This post was a little bit tricky wasn't it Sophie? What a shame about your back - it has meant that you haven't been able to do CMIYC in the last little while. I sure hope it improves soon!
    You have done a great job at thinking about yourself as a defensive player - this can be hard to do when you haven't seen a video of yourself. While reading your evaluation and success criteria, it made me think how perceptive you are about yourself as a learner! Great stuff Sophie!

    ReplyDelete