Sunday 13 March 2016

Family Tree

We have been learning about our family tree and we have been labeling them with the maori word for what they are. First we made a list of all of our family and then we put them into a tree shape and then we label them with the maori name. Here is my family tree and the maori names for them.


English-Maori                                                                                                                                      Sophie-Au                                                                                                                                             
Brother-Tungane
Sister- Tuakana
Mum- Mumma
Dad-Papa
Cousin- Kaihana
Aunty-Whaea Keke
Uncle- Matua Keke
Grandma-Koro
Grandpa-Kuia
Great Aunty-Tipuna Wahine
Great Uncle-Tipuna Tane

Feedback/Feedforward: Well done Sophie you did really well and you've got a lot of family but next time you could change the font because its a bit hard to read - Charlotte H

Evaluation: I think I did really well showing almost all my family but next time I think I could make the font different and all my family.


3 comments:

  1. Ka mau te wehi! I find it very fascinating how families all fit together. I hope this learning has helped you to understand your whanau a little bit more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nic for the Feedback and I think that this did help me to understand my family more.

      Delete
  2. I love how you put a lot of effort into your family tree. Maybe next time make the photo bigger.

    ReplyDelete